Tuesday, January 18, 2011
This is truly amazing. I didn't realize there were so many uses for WD-40.
THIS IS AMAZING! WATER DISPLACEMENT, 40TH
FORMULATION, FISH OIL? WHO KNEW????????
A lady got up very early one morning and went outside
to pickup the Sunday paper, she noticed someone had
sprayed red paint all around the sides of the neighbors
brand new beige truck. She went over and woke him up
and gave him the bad news. He was, of course extremely
upset. And they stood there trying to figure out what
could be done about the problem. They decided there
wasn't much recourse but to wait until Monday, since
nothing was open. Just then another neighbor came out
of his house, surveyed the situation and immediately went
to get his WD-40 out and cleaned the red paint off with it.
Guess What! It cleaned up that paint without harming the
original paint on the truck! I'm impressed!!
Water Displacement #40. The product began from a search
for A rust preventative solvent and degreaser to protect
Missile parts. WD-40 was created in 1953 by three
Technicians at the San Diego Rocket Chemical Company.
Its name comes from the project that was to find a
'water displacement' compound. They were successful with
the fortieth formulation, thus WD-40. The
Corvair Company bought it in bulk to protect their atlas
Ken East (one of the original founders) says there is
nothing in WD-40 that would hurt you...' IT IS MADE
FROM FISH OIL' . When you read the 'shower door'
part, try it. It 's the first thing that has ever cleaned
that spotty shower door. If yours is plastic, it works
just as well as glass. It is a miracle! Then try it on your
stovetop... It is now shinier than it has ever been before.
1) Protects silver from tarnishing.
2) Removes road tar and grime from cars.
3) Cleans and lubricates guitar strings.
4) Gives floors that `just-waxed` sheen without making it
5) Keeps flies off cows.
6) Restores and cleans chalkboards.
7) Removes lipstick stains.
8) Loosens stubborn zippers.
9) Untangles jewelry chains.
10) Removes stains from stainless steel sinks.
11) Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue grill.
12) Keeps ceramic/terra cotta garden pots from oxidizing.
13) Removes tomato stains from clothing.
14) Keeps glass shower doors free of water spots.
15) Camouflages scratches in ceramic and marble floors.
16) Keeps scissors working smoothly.
17) Lubricates noisy door hinges on vehicles and doors in
18) It removes black scuff marks from the kitchen
floor! Open some windows if you have a lot of marks.
19) Bug guts will eat away the finish on your car.
removed quickly, with WD-40!
20) Gives a children's play gym slide a shine for a
super fast slide.
21) Lubricates gear shift on lawn mowers.
22) Rids kids rocking chairs and swings of squeaky noises.
23) Lubricates tracks in sticking home windows and makes
them easier to open.
24) Spraying an umbrella stem makes it easier to open
25) Restores and cleans padded leather dashboards in
vehicles, well as vinyl bumpers.
26) Restores and cleans roof racks on vehicles.
27) Lubricates and stops squeaks in electric fans.
28) Lubricates wheel sprockets on tricycles, wagons,
and bicycles for easy handling.
29) Lubricates fan belts on washers and dryers and keeps
them running smoothly.
30) Keeps rust from forming on saws and saw blades, and
31) Removes splattered grease on stove.
32) Keeps bathroom mirror from fogging.
33) Lubricates prosthetic limbs.
34) Keeps pigeons off the balcony (they hate the smell).
35) Removes all traces of duct tape.
36) Folks even spray it on their arms, hands, and knees
to relieve arthritis pain
37) Florida 's favorite use 'Cleans and removes
love bugs from grills and bumpers.'
38) Protects the Statue of Liberty from the elements.
39) WD-40 attracts fish. Spray a LITTLE on live bait or
lures and you will be catching the big one in no time.
40) Ant bites. It takes the sting away immediately and
stops the itch.
41) WD-40 is great for Removing crayon from walls.
Spray on the mark and wipe with a clean rag.
42) If you've washed and dried a tube of lipstick with
a load of laundry, saturate the lipstick spots
with WD-40 and Presto! Lipstick is gone!
43) If you spray WD-40 on the distributor cap, it will
displace the moisture and allow the car to start.
Keep a can of WD-40 in your kitchen cabinet. It is
good for oven burns or any other type of burn. It takes
the burned feeling away and heals with NO scarring.
Remember, the basic ingredient is FISH OIL.