SP Premium
FROSTY99
750,000-999,999 SparkPoints 974,285
SparkPoints
 

Back to the Hospital

Friday, May 06, 2011

Hubby has been having little twinges and didn't tell me till yesterday and then had a couple during the nite so this morning when they persisted, I called the cardiologist and off we went to the ER again! Had to find someone to care for Abbie as I didn't know how long we would be gone and most of our snowbird friends have flown the coop for northern climes. Finally found someone home and dropped her off. I had just been over to check on dad so knew he was ok and off we went. Luckily I put on capri pants before we left as it was COLD in there. I was wishing for a jacket, but when they put hubby in a gown, I used his shirt over my shoulders and it helped to keep me warm.
We spent the next 7 hours in there and it was a long wait before they told us they were admitting him and he is now on the cardiac floor. They let him have dinner when we got up there as he hadn't eaten since he had cereal with a banana and OJ for breakfast and was feeling pretty hungry. While he was waiting on his meal, I ran down to the cafeteria to grab a bite too since I hadn't eaten since breakfast either and I just had a yogurt and OJ.
After we got him settled in and I had talked to the nurses, it was wait for the dr to arrive. The cardiologist never came, but his internist finally arrived about 10:30 PM. He had one bad spell after he got into the room, but so far the enzyme test has been negative. They have done 2 so far so that is looking good that it is not a heart attack. They will do 2 more on a 6 hr schedule.
His BP was going up since he didn't get his nite meds so hopefully it won't take the pharmacy too long to get them up now the dr has arrived. They are also going to start him on a heparin drip for now and do more testing tomorrow. There is a possibility one of the stents is blocked and that is causing the pain-rare, but it does happen and with his luck that would happen to him.
I have just picked Abbie up and going to try to catch a bit of sleep before heading back to find out if they have anything else planned-there is the possibility of another heart cath but internist needs to discuss that with the cardiologist.
Keep him in your prayers that we can get this figured out and get him back home.
Share This Post With Others
Member Comments About This Blog Post