Not So Good News On Karen
Monday, February 06, 2012
I haven't talked to Karen directly but she and her husband went to see the oncologist today and he gave them the results of the biopsy and what to expect and it is not good. He says she has 4-6 months. We are all encouraging them to get a 2nd opinion and to talk to the folks at Moffitt Cancer Center in Tampa to see if there are any clinical trials that she might be able to get in. Ultinately it is their decision and right now we are trying to give them the support they need but some space to digest all that has been happening in the past couple of weeks and to come to terms with all of this.
Please keep Karen and her family in your prayers as no matter what happens this is going to be difficult. Our community is going to do all we can to support them no matter what they decide to do.
Thank you again for all your suggestions, prayers, and may God bless all of you.