God laughs every time we plan a vacation
Saturday, September 12, 2015
Last spring (2014) we planned a long trip out west with friends but health issues for my DH and our one friend made us rethink that so we delayed our trip and this spring we decided that this fall would be the time for us to go so all summer we have been planning this nice long trip. For us, it is to be our 25th anniversary celebration (won't be till Nov. but don't want to go when the snow is flying!).
Well, we have been dealing with all kinds of issues for DH. Started working actually in Dec to get his bi-pap machine replaced and STILL NO NEW MACHINE. I have been on the supplier several times a week since mid July and last week we were promised it was on it's way. I guess it is coming by snail mail or pony express and they can't find a pony or snail to bring it as it hasn't arrived yet. Last conversation on Fri morning was they would put a STAT order on it. Yeah right. Well, I have news for those folks-when it arrives while we are gone, it will sit here and they can eat the charges because we aren't going to pay a dime and I am sure since DH will not be in compliance that Medicare isn't going to pay either and I have made this perfectly clear. Also let them know that when we return, we will have the dr find another supplier as this has been totally unacceptable. Sad thing is this company has been his supplier for over 3 yrs and never had an issue till it really counts!!
Next issue-DH has had neck pain for over a year which has gradually gotten worse so in May he went back to his ortho doc who did his shoulder surgery as he thought it might be from that. Well, got a no on that but a referral to a dr who specializes in the neck. Got in to see her in July and she put him on PT. He did almost 5 weeks of that and it wasn't helping. So she orders an MRI and when we went in on Thur she wasn't happy with the reading and on Fri she calls to say he has a pinched nerve! She managed to get him in to a pain dr who hopefully can give him relief with a shot on Mon. Nothing happens until it is down to the crunch it seems. Not like we waited till the last minutes to seek help!
During the night DH had acid reflux and then a bad chill and woke me up he was shaking so much. I took his temperature when I got up this morning (probably should have done it during the night, but was so tired I just didn't do it-just got him a t-shirt and a blanket and turned off the fan!). Well it was 102.7 at 7:30 am! I kept checking him every hour and it started dropping and by tonight it was down to 100.0. I have resisted giving him Tylenol as I didn't want to mask any symptoms if we do end up at urgent care. Not the best time for this to happen - but hoping it is just a 24 hour virus.
What else can go wrong????
Say a prayer that it all comes together and we do get to go on our much needed trip.