I have been doing a lot of thinking about change, growth and supporting civil rights. I am so grateful for my blessings and so sorry about the state of our world today. On my run this morning, I thought of the things I am trying to teach my daughter:
1. Always strive to help others and make the world a better place.
2. Be honest and hardworking.
3. Read everyday.
4. Work towards your goals.
5. Be mindful of what you say to yourself because words have power.
6. Everyday, you need to do something to pitch in as a member of our family.
7. Limiting screen time is incredibly important.
8. Exercising everyday is also important, for your mental and physical health.
9. Eating well the majority of the time supports mental and physical health.
10, Expressing appreciation daily makes our lives better.
11. Apologize if you make a mistake and do the repair work.
12. We all mess up sometimes, because all humans are imperfect.
13. If you fall, take a deep breath, check for injuries and move on.
14. Support others.
15. It is normal to feel emotions and the way to work through them is to let yourself feel them and name them.
16. There are appropriate ways to express and work through anger, and you can learn them.
17. If someone is mean to you, it is about them, not you.
18. Stick up for yourself.
19. Learning new skills is important at any stage in your life.
20. People fight in relationships and that is okay.
21. Gratitude is good for your health...
I am grateful that I am improving and learning everyday.