2020 is 5/6 done. What is wrong with my sense of time?! 2020 seems both endless and zooming by. I am still plugging along, although I have not accomplished as much as I'd wanted. There's still time, though!
1. Say good-bye to one item a day, and if something comes in, something goes out = 366 fewer items.
I slipped up a little after going on a bit of a book buying binge. So I'm refocusing and have already identified three things to give away today. If I can do that every day, I'll be back on track before you know it.
2. Read one pleasure book a week that meets the requirements to donate to the prison program = 52 books a year. Updated to 75 books.
I read five books this week, mostly murder mysteries. Maia Chance's Naught on Ice was a fun cozy set during Prohibition, and Ira Levin's classic A Kiss Before Dying was an interesting read. Straight off, we got the killer's POV -- and then we realize that we aren't sure which man he is in the story. What a way to tell us and still keep us in the dark. The most engrossing book I read this week was Elizabeth Ironside's Death in the Garden. We begin with the scene, then find out who went on trial -- and then three decades later, we learn "who done it" and why.
Total for 2020: 71
3. Happiness Planner project.
Completed!! I review it periodically for inspiration.
4. I will try one new recipe each week.
This week, I tried a Milk Street recipe for Pasta with Zucchini, Pancetta, and Saffron. Relatively simple to make and de-lish!
5. Skin care
I'm going to work on this goal this week. My skin looks dry and tired.
6. Study French 30 minutes a day.
Still not doing what I need to do for this one. I let time get away and am too tired when I finally get to it.
7. Challenging myself to a no-spend month. Rent, utilities, a set food budget and - that's it, barring a genuine emergency.
On track lately. I'm determined to keep it up through the holiday season and finish strong.