Wow. I honestly cannot comprehend how it is already late November. 2020 has been a truly bizarre year. However, in some respects, it has suited me quite well.
1. Say good-bye to one item a day, and if something comes in, something goes out = 366 fewer items.
I hesitate to admit how far off course I am in this challenge, but I have scheduled a charity pick-up for this coming Friday and am determined to make up ground.
2. Read one pleasure book a week that meets the requirements to donate to the prison program = 52 books a year. Updated to 75 books.
I've read 11 books since I last blogged. I just finished J.K. Rowling's first effort as Robert Galbraith. The Cuckoo's Calling grabbed my attention and held it right to the end. She is a gifted storyteller.
Total for 2020: 82
3. Happiness Planner project.
Completed!! I review it periodically for inspiration.
4. I will try one new recipe each week.
Ooh! I had fun in recent weeks. I made my first pavlova. (Full disclosure: it was terrible.) Then I made my second pavlova. De-lish!
I also attempted a Thanksgiving meal. 2020 seemed like the perfect time to give it a go, as there will be no celebration for us this year. If my attempt succeeded, I had delicious meals on hand during a very busy week. If it failed, I could bin it with no one the wiser.
The verdict? It was a solid first attempt. My mother can cook like nobody's business, and I am not in her league. But the turkey is moist, the stuffing is tasty, and the gravy is a big success.
5. Skin care
I could do more, but I have made an effort.
6. Study French 30 minutes a day.
I'm doing better, but I am not consistent.
7. Challenging myself to a no-spend month. Rent, utilities, a set food budget and - that's it, barring a genuine emergency.
Oof. I fell down on this one.
Happy Thanksgiving! Be safe. Be smart. Be kind.