Polar Bears - Week One Blog - Review and Goals
Wednesday, January 06, 2021
For week one of the January BSG challenges, we are to blog about our goals for January and review December’s goals.
I didn’t write a blog setting my December goals. Unfortunately, the gyms and yoga studios were closed from mid-November through December, and my motivation to workout at home wasn’t very strong. While I did continue my daily walks when able, I did very little else.
I also didn’t plan my meals ahead and, as a result, I fell off the healthy eating wagon, eating far too many sweets and not sticking entirely to my whole food, plant based way of eating.
Luckily for me, I only went up and down on the scale.
During December I did take some online classes to help me prepare my vision for 2021 and ways to make my health a priority so now I am ready to have a successful new year.
My goals for January are:
1. Follow a whole food, plant-based way of eating for the most part;
2. Limit sweets, oil and salt
3. Plan my meals for the week/day
4. Track using the daily dozen checklist
5. Participate in the Lifestyle and Nutrition Plan starting the first week of January in my hometown
1. Walk 30-45 minutes Monday, Wednesday and Friday; walk 45 – 60 minutes Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
2. 7,750 steps minimum daily
3. Stretch and foam roll daily for a minimum of 10 minutes
4. The yoga studio re-opened this week, so I will be doing 60 minutes of yoga Tuesday and Thursday so long as it stays open, and a 90 minute restorative yoga/healing touch class on Friday
5. Get back into strength this month. I plan to do at least 10 minutes strength three days a week.