Chicken Cabbage stir fry--a really good 1-pot meal
Sunday, December 20, 2015
Several asked about the new recipe Ashley and I tried Saturday and here is the recipe. We followed the directions but next time will add some more veggies that we like.
Chicken Cabbage Stir Fry
--3 chicken breast halves
--1 tsp. oil of your liking
--3 cups green cabbage, shredded
--1 tbsp. cornstarch
--1/2 tsp. ground ginger
--1 tsp. garlic powder
--1/2 cup water
--Soy sauce to taste
1. Cut chicken breasts into strips.
2. Heat oil in a frying pan.
3. Add chicken strips and stir fry over medium-high heat, turning constantly until done.
4. Add cabbage and red peppers and saute' 2 minutes until cabbage is crisp-tender.
(We cooked ours longer.)
5. Mix cornstarch and seasoning; add water and soy sauce, mix until smooth.
6. Stir sauce into chicken/cabbage mixture.
7. Cook until sauce has thickened and chicken is coated, about 1 minute.
8. Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours. If you have any left over that is.
(You can add onions and red peppers to taste)
We used red peppers and had about 4 1/2 cups cabbage. That is why it took more than 2 minutes to cook the cabbage. Our son came by and after he ate a bowl full, he wanted the recipe too.
Hope everyone enjoys this simple recipe.