What's your Reason?
Friday, May 04, 2018
I recently joined a gym with a medically supervised health program. I can't believe I am saying those words. I suddenly feel so old.
I didn't think I needed to because honestly I am not that out of shape (in my mind) and I really shouldn't be paying that much. But you know what, I did anyways and I love it.
This program has been supervised and structured and tailored for me. It has been expensive but because I am paying more than I want I am making sure I go when it is my day. And because I am going, I am seeing success, and because the plan meets my specific needs I am not overdoing it or under doing it.
But back to the title, as part of the program I have been asked to consider my whys. Also, recently I joined the BLC challenge team and have been asked to tell about my whys. Seems like there is a common thread happening here.
So, thinking about it, I realize there are a lot of good reasons for getting fit, for getting healthy, and it's more than just because I want to lose weight. I am going to list my 10 reasons for wanting to change my life towards betters health and fitness in a second, but I invite you to tell me yours. Maybe in the comment box tell me your one best why or write a blog and let me know. I am sure that some of our whys will overlap and that's great. That's exactly what makes Sparkpeople special, that we can see that we are all on this journey together and that a lot of times we are connected by our struggles or successes and maybe even our whys.
I want to be healthy for a number of reasons
1. I’m getting older and seeing my health decline. It scares me to see that I do not have the strength, flexibility or stamina that I used to have. I want to fix that, to feel more energetic and strong. To regain some of my youth.
2. I am tired of looking in the mirror and seeing chubby cheeks and a belly roll. I hate that I cannot wear certain clothing because that flab shows up.
3. I want to keep up with my kids to some degree.
4. I honestly think people who are fit and healthy are respected more. I work in a job dealing with people and don’t need their first impression to be about my size.
5. I never again want to hear one of the students at my school tell me I have a belly like Santa, to say I look like I have a pillow under my shirt.
6. I want to be stronger, to be able to do push ups and sit ups with ease. I did it when I was younger I can do it again.
7. I want to lose enough weight that I no longer snore or need that sleep apnea machine.
8. I want to have the energy to get things done, not being tired all the time (that has improved lately)
9. I want to live to a good old age and do it in a physically fit manner.
10. I want to be able to meet my goal weight to prove to myself that I can do it and that I accomplished a major life goal.
So, what's your biggest why?