2021 SPRING 5% CHALLENGE
Friday, April 02, 2021
HELLO SPRING! It truly is my favorite season! With it comes the next 5% challenge. For a while now I haven't really done well, so I've changed some things up this time. I tend to get bored and disinterested when I do the same thing over and over again. So THIS challenge I've changed teams--hard decision--hoping I really enjoy the new team as well as I did my previous regular team (here's a huge shout out to the Shooting Stars who might be reading--you're the best! I may be back!).
1) DAILY EXERCISE PLAN:
FITBIT: I typically try to keep my daily Fitbit step count at 8,000/day (just because that helped me maintain my 2014 weight back when).
EXERCISE: Wow! After jumping around and experimenting (and, hence, often not doing much) I have found the most wonderful link! I've always loved Lucy Wyndham-Reed workouts ever since I discovered her, because she addresses many needs for menopausal women! Lo an behold she has designed a series of workouts for every day of the week which addresses strength training, cardio, toning, and stretching . . . and also gives me the ability to change out the various routines for similar ones in the series. I don't have to think so much anymore! I've been doing it for about a week now, and I can TELL THE DIFFERENCE ALREADY! Can't get bored with this one, and I think it's really something I can use long-term. THANK YOU, LUCY!
2) MY ROUTINE:
- Wake up
- Take meds with 1st glass of water
- Make pot of coffee
- LWR AM 10-min routine
- Morning devotions and agenda planning with coffee
- Sync fitbit for hours of sleep and previous day's steps
- Take/record blood pressure
- Login to Spark & post in Spark Team
- Exercise/update & record in mini-health journal
- Fill water bottle and drink throughout day
- Shower, dress, prepare for day
- Breakfast with Hubby (in Mexico, that's mid-morning)
- Marriage Devotional with Hubby
- Daily duties (right now it's mosty office work)
- Plan for and prep for main meal
- Nutrition tracking after each meal if possible
- Evening with Hubby
- PM exercises/relaxation
- Update mini-health journal totals
I had changed meal plans in the middle of last challenge--huge mistake. I'm still evaluating what really to commit to on that. It works pretty well to just eat what I know works well, which is high veggies, low fat.