Pep talk to lose 2.5 Pounds
Monday, May 17, 2021
More positive self talk. Good weigh in this morning, down a pound. I am not eating at the low end of my calorie range so losing a pound over night likely is water weight. It shows how important it is to monitor sodium. Between exercise and diet I must have a daily 729 calorie deficit to lose 2.5 pounds by the end of the 5% Challenge May 29th. In the days before the last weigh in, limit sodium to reduce water weight. This will get me to my short term goal to be in the 150's
Stay focused on losing the next 2.5 pounds. Continue nutrition tracking. Monitor daily stats to optimize results. I had a surprisingly low calorie lunch - tossed salad with 50 grams of chicken breast and diet Italian dressing was 71 calories.
To Build Momentum
1. Make a list of the most pressing things to do and include mundane I will do any way.
2. Break it down into small steps.
3. Get ready for the day, streamline morning to fast track.
4. Do smallest tasks just to get started.
5. Exercise get out and do it now rain or shine!
6. Play lively music to energize.
7. Reflect with blog or talk about it.
8. Evaluate results and adjust lists to optimize time and results.
Sleep. 9 PM bedtime lights out at 9:30 to get sufficient good quality sleep so I am energized to diet/hike/exercise. Go upstairs at 8 PM to wind down. Sleep last night 5.5 hrs and night before 4 hrs.
Exercise earlier in the day. YouTube exercise and morning hike.
Menu plan till Friday.
OK now go do it!
8:07 AM Edit: Left listening to the 7 AM news on my MP3 and returned listening to 8 AM news. Steps so far 6,794. Feels good to have an hour of exercise before starting my day.